The National Food Institute provides research-based consulting to both Danish and international authorities based on new and existing research.
The services include continuous case management, risk assessment, answering questions from ministers, contributions to Danish and international legislation, including ministerial orders and instructions as well as action plans and strategies, all of which in relation to both urgent matters and long-term initiatives.
In Denmark, the National Food Institute provides consulting to the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration and the Danish Environmental Protection Agency in particular within the following areas:
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration:
- Chemical food safety, including health and risk assessments of chemical compounds in food and animal feed
- Microbiological food safety, including zoonoses and antimicrobial resistance
- Nutrition, including dietary surveys, dietary advice and dietary health and risk assessments
- Food quality, including health claims, sensorics, traceability and food shelf life
The Danish Environmental Protection Agency:
- Toxicological test methods
- (Q)SAR, models for predicting the connection between the structures and activity of chemical substances
- Hazard and risk assessments of chemical compounds and GMO
See the National Food Institute's public assessments in DTU's research database DTU Orbit.
Dorte Lau Baggesen Head of Academic Support Phone: +45 35886207 Mobile: +45 25477848 email@example.com