At the forefront of healthy, safe and sustainable food
DTU National Food Institute conducts research into and disseminates - through advice, innovation and teaching - sustainable and value-creating solutions in the area of food and health for the benefit of society.
The institute’s vision is to make a difference by generating future prosperity through research into food and health. The institute:
- prevents disease and promotes health
- develops new and better food products for a growing population
- creates sustainable technological solutions.
The institute’s tasks are carried out in a unique interdisciplinary cooperation in e.g. nutrition, chemistry, toxicology, microbiology, epidemiology, modelling and technology.
Research at the centre for the common good of society and industry
DTU National Food Institute:
- solves, through research, some of the biggest societal challenges the world is facing
- delivers state-of-the-art scientific advice to national and international public authorities and businesses
- translates the Institute’s research results into innovation - value-creating solutions for businesses and authorities
- teaches at all levels students for business, public authorities and research in the area of food technology, food safety and nutrition.
Development Goals and Measures
See DTU National Food Institute's Development Goals and Measures 2023-2026